Monday, March 26, 2012

CottageCutz Flying By with Thank Yous

Good morning, happy Monday and welcome to The Scrapping Cottage Blog, where CottageCutz are ALWAYS blooming!!  It's Lorie here today, and I've got a sweet little airplane card to share with you that I created using the CottageCutz Airplane with Banner die from The Scrapping Cottage.  It's so darned cute paired with this perfectly coordinated paper,  from My Little Shoebox.

 I like to use white card stock for my die cut pieces, and color them with Copic markers, which is what I did for this card, choosing colors to match this wonderful paper.  The clouds are actually self adhesive die cuts from My Little Shoebox.  I found some pompom trim in my ribbon stash, and I added some rhinestone embellishments to the airplane and bottom of the card for bling.  Just gotta have that bling!!  For the stitched look on the wings of the airplane, all I needed to do was accentuate the debossed stitches that were already there with a white gel pen.   All in all, a pretty quick and easy card that looks more complicated than it actually was.  I love it when that happens!!

So happy to have you join us today.  Have a blessed and beautiful day!







4 comments:

nbuston said...

I love it when a project pays attention to "details" but is not "over-done". This card is like that--it's fabulous!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super CUTE card Lorie!!! I love how you used the matching dp, and your trim,super sweet!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my goodness that is just so sweet to sent to a little boy. It's so colorful happy and filled with joy.

Janice W. said...

Great card Lorie! You matched the colors perfectly and I love the card design!