Saturday, January 22, 2022

Spring Chickee (new dies)

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store.  You can pick up the entire bundle at a 60% off savings. The individual dies are currently at 30% off

There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there. I do a combination of both designs for my Easter cards. Today, I have a whimsical one for you. 

I am using the new Spring Chickee in Basket die and the phrases are from the Faith Sentiments + the Spring Sentiments dies. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I started with my background. I found designer paper that had a sky and cloud theme. It was a bit light, so I took a cloud stencil and tumbled glass distress ink and deepened the color a bit. 
Next, I cut the main image using different bright cardstocks. I liked the colors used on the packaging, and I kept with that color scheme. 
Then I used the Faith Sentiments & the Spring Sentiments dies for the phrases on my card. I cut them in a royal blue cardstock to allow them to stand out on the background. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I did cut a grass base using the Grass Slimline die and attached with double sided tape. The basket image is attached with the same adhesive.   
My Easter Blessings phrase is attached with Art Glitter glue. I like it because it dries clear. 
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to a white card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I also added some spring tulips cut from the Spring Kitten w/Envelope die and scattered a few pink enamel dots.  
That's it for me for this week see you again next Saturday!

Reminder: Our YouTube channel is active again. Check out the latest video and we are having a giveaway for subscribing, liking the video and giving it a thumbs up. Click here. 

dies I used to create card:






3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute Easter card your sky is beautiful

Wendy Mind said...

Love the little chickee

simply monica said...

Beautiful card as always 🥰