Sunday, January 23, 2022

Happy Spring Kitty with Envelope Card- New Spring Release

Happy Sunday Scrapping Cottage friends!
Melinda here with you today. I am super happy to be sharing a little spring inspiration featuring dies from the new SPRING RELEASE! Today's project is a fun and cheerful card. Take Look!
The finished card is a top folding US-A4 card base. I used some regular white cardstock. 
The main focus of my card is the adorable new Spring Kitten w/Envelope Die. It is part of the fantastic new Spring Release! I started by cutting out my die pieces in white cardstock. I then colored my various pieces in with my markers. I did also cut out the pieces in a light yellow cardstock as well as a patterned paper from Doodlebug. 

Here's a quick look at the envelope pieces in the yellow and patterned paper.

I decided to make a "liner" for the inside flap of my envelope with the patterned paper. I simply cut off the flap and then slid it under the yellow envelope piece. I then started building the scene by adding that adorable little kitty.

I assembled the kitty holding the flowers and added that onto the scallop stitched rectangle with a patterned paper mat. I then used the largest scallop stitched rectangle in the same die set and added a floral patterned paper mat to that. I layered them onto the background mat. To finish off my card I added the Happy and Spring Sentiment from the Spring Sentiments die.


Here is one last look at my finished card.  I think it turned out adorable. Full of springtime happiness! I am looking forward to spreading some cheer to a friend who could really use some!



The Dies I used to create this project:





I used the Stitched version but those are not available. These are a great alternative.

In case you didn't hear, The CottageCutz YouTube channel is up and running.  Head over and check out the latest video! There is a giveaway for subscribing too!


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!
Melinda Beltran

3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable love all the spring colors!

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Melinda - a great way to let someone know you are thinking of them

simply monica said...

Just ❤️❤️So cute