Friday, July 03, 2020

You're My Harbor

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card from the new Pirates and Sea Creatures release.  The release has a wide variety of wonderful images - all with a seafaring theme.  And they are on sale right now for a limited time!
I made this card for the Clean and Simple card challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers.  The theme is "Sail Away" - use a sailing or nautical theme.

I used the new Lighthouse die and a sentiment that is perfect for any close friend.  I think this could also make a good masculine card.
To begin, I die cut the pieces from various colors of cardstock.  I inked the edges for some shading and used white craft ink to add whitecaps to the waves.
In order to ink just the tips of the waves, I slid a piece of paper into the cuts and used a sponge dauber with the white ink.  It worked very well.  For the rest of the shading I used Buckaroo Blue, Gray Granite and Crumb Cake dye inks.
I assembled the lighthouse.

I cut a panel 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 from white and laid a piece of striped washi tape down the left side.  To add some interest I masked off the tape and used a splatter stamp.  I did not stamp before I added the tape, since it is very then and I did not want the splatters to show through.
I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink.
I still wanted a bit more to the card but had to be careful not to stray too far away from clean and simple, so I added some linen thread and navy blue baker's twine.
The lighthouse is popped up from the card using foam dots and the panel adhered to an A2 card base.
I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Be sure to visit the online and check out the July 4 sale on select designs!

Dies used:

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative holiday weekend!


3 comments:

Lee Anne Dowley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sukie said...

Very pretty card! I love the CAS design!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the color combo so pretty!