Friday, July 10, 2020

Ocean Deep

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card featuring the adorable mermaid from the new Pirates and Sea Creatures release. I haven't yet decided who I will send this to - it could be used for a birthday, congratulations or encouragement.
I chose the colors of this card from this week's color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  They seemed perfect for a mermaid.
I cut her from white and colored cardstock.  I used Distress Oxide ink to color her skin and shade her hair (cut from Cinnamon Cider cardstock).
Her tail, the fish and starfish are cut from the challenge colors and shaded with the matching inks.
The card base is quite simple.  I cut a panel from Strathmore Mixed Media paper 6 x 5 inches and used a hot foil system to hot foil the "waves" in silver on the panel.
I then used the Pacific Point and Gorgeous Grape in to watercolor the ocean.
When that had dried, I cut the panel down to A2 size and stamped the sentiment in black.
I adhered my mermaid and glued it all to an A2 card base.  A very simple card that is super bright and cute!

Be sure to visit the online store to check out this release - the dies are very fun!

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmermaid.aspx

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!



2 comments:

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The CAS design looks awesome!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the wavy side panel adorable card!