Monday, July 06, 2020

You are Mermazing


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Monday edition of the Blog. For all our American friends out there, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend.

For my card today, I am featuring the new Mermaid die. I created a whimsical card for someone that I think is pretty amazing and that would be my precious little granddaughter. They live right at the Pacific Ocean so a water theme is perfect for her plus she loves mermaids. What little girl doesn't?

My colors were determined by the color challenge #798 on Splitcoaststampers. I thought these colors were good for an ocean scene.  Optional was to use waves or scallops. So that fit right with my mermaid image. 
pacific point, gorgeous grape, bermuda bay
On the background I used a cloud stencil and peacock feathers distress ink and a wave stencil and salty ocean distress ink. They are both a close match for bermuda bay and pacific point inks. I used a light touch with the sponge dauber.

I cut her fin and starfish in the gorgeous grape cardstock, her bra is cut from gorgeous grape designer paper, the fish in her hand from bermuda bay cardstock . Her face and body are colored with Copic markers. I used E000, E11 and E13. Her hair is colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol odorless mineral spirits. Those pencil colors are PC1082 Chocolate and PC946 Dark Brown.

The wave she is resting on is part of the Lighthouse die. I thought it was a cute resting place for my mermaid. Finished off my card with a few pacific point enamel dots. Well, that's it for me for this post. 

Just a reminder that there are some great sales going on in the online store. The 4th of July sale ends tonight at 9:00 PST. You have savings there of up to 60%. 

We also have a sale going on with these new dies. You can save up to 60% by buying the entire bundle and it's less than a $100. The individual dies are also 25% off.

dies I used to create card:






2 comments:

Sukie said...

Very sweet card! The mermaid is absolutely adorable and I love the detailed hair!

Pam MacKay said...

Can't wait to use this adorable mermaid! Your card is so pretty! Love the colors!