Friday, July 24, 2020

Sail Towards Your Dreams

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card of encouragement or congratulations for someone who is working towards fulfilling their dreams.  I used the Pirate Ship from the new Pirates and Sea Creatures release.  This ship makes a fun pirate ship but also a classic looking ship when made with white sails and no pirate symbol.
I started the card by cutting the pieces from white cardstock and coloring with Distress Oxide inks.
I then cut a panel 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches and used several blue shades of ink to blend an ocean.  I didn't bother to go all the way to the top of the panel as I knew I wasn't going to need that much.
I dry embossed this panel with a wave pattern.  It was a bit tight going through my machine which caused some cracking on the waves.  However, I found this added to the water feel.
I wanted to have my ship nestled in between waves so I used my paper snips and cut along some of the wavy lines.
The portion with the flat bottom will be at the bottom of my card.  I will position the other portion underneath and down to create layers.  My ship will go between.
For my background panel I stamped the sentiment in the upper right and used a cloud stencil to create the sky.  It was quiet easy to avoid blending over the sentiment so that it has a nice white background that blends into the clouds.
I added the ocean panels and tucked in the ship.  The last details to get added were the whitecaps and the sea birds.

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpirateship.aspx

Be sure to visit the online store where there is a sale going on with great deals on select dies for a limited time!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!



3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great card of encouragement- would be great for a graduation card

Sukie said...

Awesome card! The sentiment is great for an encouragement card!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the embossed sea and clouds fun card!