Wednesday, April 10, 2019

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I'm sharing a project for my design team post.  I created this card which would be perfect for Mother's Day next month.
This sweet card was inspired by the Recollections Coastal Village papers I found in my stash.  I adore the lemon and lime patterns. The strip of lemons is from the same collection and was trimmed from a page of multiple patterned strips.  I also incorporated a tiny polka dot pattern from my scrap pile.
I cut out the apron, chef hat, rolling pin and heart with the Cottage Cutz Kitchen Chef die set and also cut out the oval with the Pierced Oval set.  All of the die cuts were heavily inked on the edges for added depth and dimension on my die cuts.
I wanted to break up the varying patterns on my card so I punched a strip of white card stock with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch.  The lace border was also inked on the edges.
I began building my card base with a sunny yellow background and layered it with the polka dotted paper. The lace border and strip of lemons were adhered on top.
Next, I began creating the focal point of my card by adding the whimsical apron to the oval background. The chef hat and rolling pin were adhered next to the apron.  Once I added the tiny heart to the rolling pin, I cut out a couple of extra hearts as embellishments.
The finished oval was adhered to the card base leaving plenty of room at the bottom for a sentiment.
This happy card was finished off with a fun sentiment from the Scrappy Moms (retired) Designer's Choice 2 stamp set.  I thought the phrase was so cute and perfect for my card.
I used these dies for my card, available here:

3 comments:

Janja said...

Really sweet and beautiful card.

Pam MacKay said...

Love your Mother's Day card and all the cute papers!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a sweet card for Mother's Day- especially for a Mom who loves to cook