Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Friends Through Rain & Shine

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I'm super excited to share that I'm the newest member of the Scrapping Cottage design team. I absolutely adore this company and their collection of dies.  I'm looking forward to creating lots of inspiring projects during my design team term.
When I saw this adorable die I was inspired to create this fun card.  I cut out the Rainy Day Duck die pieces in white card stock and used my Oxide Inks to shade the pieces.  I also shaded the Nested Stitched Scallop Circle Set to coordinate with the duck's hat.  Another circle was cut out in white card stock with the Circle Set.  The clouds are from the Snowman Lane die set.
The inspiration for the duck and rainy day scene came from the gorgeous chevron patterned paper. The paper is from an older Doodlebug paper pad from my stash.  I layered the chevron paper on white card stock and adhered it to a yellow card base.
The two circles were adhered together and layered on my card.  Next, I added the puddle, clouds and duck to begin building the scene.
Initially, I didn't cut out the water splashes thinking they wouldn't fit inside the circle, however, they ended up being the perfect addition along with the umbrella to the scene.
The finishing touch was a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms (retired) Fun Celebrations stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment on a hand cut flag and added it to my card.
Here are the dies used on my card available in the shop, check out the anniversary sale going on now:

6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card Sukie- great layout and choice of designer paper- the little duckie looks like she is having lots of fun splashing in the rain puddle

Janja said...

So cute! I like this duck.

Pam MacKay said...

Just adorable love the clouds and fun DP!

Joanne said...

This is adorable Suki! Very fun!!!

Beth F. said...

Sukie, you are such an amazing paper crafter! Way to go on joining this team! I love everything you create and look forward to much more inspiration :)

Jeanne said...

Very cute Sukie! The duck is perfect for April showers.