Monday, April 22, 2013

Mother's Day Gift Card


Happy Monday everyone!

Kathy here with a cute gift project today using CottageCutz Dies.





This is a gift card holder that I made with the new Large Confectionery Bag. I first cut the bag using Nana's Kitchen Paper. Where this is single-sided paper, I cut an additonal piece (green polka dot) to glue on the inside. (You can skip this step by using double-sided paper.) I decorated the bag with a butterfly from the Butterfly Mini Die and branch and flowers from the Bluebird Die using Certainly Celery and Real Red Cardstock and a little piece of blue. These were shaped and glued to the front of the bag.

This is the bag alone.



Inside the holder is the Spring Butterfly Notecard that holds the gift card. I used a small glue dot to hold the gift card in place.



On the back I added a small strip of green paper to hold a tag. The tag is from the Fancy Insert Card/Tag. I stamped "Happy Mother's Day", added a rose flourish on the bottom, punched a hole and added a piece of ribbon.






These are the dies I used.





7 comments:

Vladuška said...

This is just perfect, Kathy. I love your project, it is so sweet and gentle and with all these details. Beautiful.

Simko said...

Beautiful, Kathy! Excellent idea how you used the notecard and a tag at the back of confectionary bag. Lovely colors and details!
Hugs,
Simona

Cheryl Walker said...

WOW!!!! Kathy I absolutely LOve the colors on your pocket mothers day project!!! Beautiful and love all the CottageCutz dies you used!!!! Super sweet and what a neat idea to add the tag to the back!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Lisa aka Raining said...

Gorgeous Kathy!!!

Frances said...

Beautiful project Kathy! Love your details and the color combo is fab! Hugs, Frances

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very pretty!!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy this is just lovely. I love the red. As a matter of fact I was reminded of one of my Aunts who lived in New Hampshire when I was growing up. The colors and the vintage looking paper is what did it. It reminded me of her kitchen. Good sweet memories!!! Your work is always a treat.
Bear Hugs,
Carol