Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Snowman Friends

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog.

It's new Christmas release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. Our Christmas Part 2 release with 36 new designs is available and ready for shipment.

The individual dies are on sale for 30% off. It's only for a limited time so don't delay. You are going to love all the whimsical designs that are available in this release. There is something for everyone to make your Christmas cards extra special this year.


The Christmas Part 1 dies are also available with 21 new designs and on sale for 30% off individual dies.

Today, I am featuring the new Snowman Friends die. It's such a cute and playful die so perfect for a fun Christmas card. So, let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I started with the card background. I had this 6x6 piece of bermuda bay ombre designer paper. I stenciled some snowflakes with white pigment ink and then embossed with an icicle embossing powder. I didn't realize the ep would be clear. In hindsight I should have used a white embossing powder. So, I just added some clear wink of stella to each snowflake IRL they are sparkly and stand out a bit more. 
My card colors are from the color challenge #921 on Splitcoaststampers. We are to use bermuda bay, melon mambo and granny apple green for our color trio. Optional was to use a snowman. 
bermuda bay, melon mambo, granny apple green

Then I moved onto my snowmen images. Their faces are so cute and happy. Just makes you want to smile looking at them. I cut them in various shades of cardstock. You could also cut in white and then color with your favorite medium. Either way works fine. 
My card base is the bermuda bay color. I used a white layering panel against the designer paper. 

Bermuda Bay card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
White layering panel: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Now that all my card elements are prepared I am ready to start card assembly. I wanted a snowbank for the snowmen to stand on, so I used the Happy Reindeer & Snowman die. I cut 2 of the snowbanks and then used some dazzling diamonds glitter for a little sparkle. 
I attached the snowmen with double sided tape. 
I wanted a fun sentiment to compliment these fun images, so I decided on the "tis the season" sentiment. It's from the "Tis the Season" die. I cut it in the melon mambo cardstock. The same color I used for the showgirl's scarf. The snowflakes are part of this die so I used a few. 
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base. Well, that's it for me for this week. 
Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Jen Hartsgrove. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.





1 comment:

Kristine said...

Simply CUTE ❄⛄❤