Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Pop-Up Record Player

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's still Black Friday release week here on the Blog.

We have a new Classic 50's release that makes its debut here on the Blog and also in the online store. You can pick up the bundle for a huge 65% off. That's under $97 or 30% off individual dies. The release is filled with some amazing retro images from the 50's era.

We have been featuring group posts for the past week to give you lots of inspiration on different ways to use the dies. If you missed any of the posts, just check back on the Blog for lots of eye candy. I have another project idea for you today using the Fifties Phrases #1Fifties Phrases #2, Guitar Music Notes & Records dies to create a pop-up record player. 

Vinyl records & record players have been trending for the past few years. So, I thought I would try to create a paper one as a birthday card. It's going to my brother in January, and I am pretty sure he will think it's something fun & unique.

Design Steps:

I started by creating the "record player base" It's really easy to make with one sheet of cardstock.  I used a piece of red cardstock measuring 4" x 12". Then I scored the paper at 4″, 7 1/2″, 8″ and 11 1/2″. 
You only need one piece of Scor-tape added to 11 1/2" score line or other strong tape to secure the pop-up base together.
This the base taped together. 
Then I started my decorating. For the card front, I used some musical score designer paper layered onto black card stock and then onto the card front.  The phrases are part of the Fifties Phrases #1 die. 
Next, onto the card inside. For the turntable, I used the largest Stitched Rounded Square die and cut in white cardstock.  I cut the largest record from the Guitar Music Notes & Records die. 
I had to get a bit creative for the needle arm. When I looked online some of the needles looked like hockey sticks. We have a die from last winter the Winter Hockey Bunny that had a perfect sized hockey stick. I cut it in silver cardstock. I made a needle base in black. It's cut from the smallest Square Set die. The on - off buttons are cut from the Circle Set die in black and silver.
I made a pocket on the inside of the lid to hold another record. You could also add a gift card here. I don't exchange gifts with my brother, so I used a record. I took the largest Square Set die- cut in white cardstock and then used the 5th largest Circle Set die to cut the pocket opening. 
To finish off the card, I added some music notes. That's it for me for this post. I hope you have been enjoying the samples we have been creating using these new dies. The team has had so much fun using them in our card designs and 3D projects.

Dies I used to create project:












1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

So creative love it!