Monday, November 14, 2022

Peace Dove with Floral

Hello friends - welcome back on this inspirational Monday ☺

Kris here with a Christmas card featuring the Holiday Dove w/ Floral die from the Christmas Part 2 release!


I played in the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers again (#CC921):


I got out my Let It Snow 6x6" paper pad from Doodle Bug Designs and found a paper that had all those cute colors in it!  So even though it is flowery, I think it totally goes with this beautiful die!

CUTTING & SCORING:

• Thick White Cardstock -  5-1/2" square, top folding card base
• Flowery paper from Let it Snow -  5-1/4" square 
• Pink Hearts paper (oldie from SU!)  -  4-1/8" x 3-7/8"
• White Cardstock - Die cut largest of the Nested Scalloped Rectangles *With the extended cut technique to make it slightly larger than the Heart paper
• White Cardstock - Die cut the largest of the Nested Stitched Scallop Circles set

• Die cut the Holiday Dove w/ Floral from the following cardstock colors: 
 White / Granny Apple Green / Melon Mambo / Bermuda Bay

***Use my card photo at top to assemble your layers***

 I colored the beak, flower centers and dove with Copic marker on the white die-cuts.  Then I gave the Melon Mambo flowers some shadows with a Copic marker and white gel pen highlights.  


I popped the dove onto my scalloped circle with foam dots and then I glued the branches and flowers behind. 

I die cut the "peace" from the Peace and Joy Wreath and glued it to the bottom of the scalloped circle.

 I finished it off with some pretty silver half beads. ☺

If you haven't been to the store yet, NOW is a great time to shop!!  All the Christmas Part 1 & Part 2 dies are on sale - 30% OFF!!  

PRODUCTS I USED:





I hope you're inspired to create with your favorite CottageCutz dies!

Kris

1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful mix of colors and patterns!