Saturday, November 12, 2022

Gingerbread and Cocoa Easel Card

Happy Saturday Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you, and today I am sharing a cute and easy Christmas themed easel card I created with some dies from the FABULOUS Part2 Christmas release!
Here is my finished card. It is an A4 sized card. I created an easel card base to give this little card some extra wow. My card features one of the super adorable Ginger friends. I also included the phrase die, Cookies & Cocoa with those cute chocolate chip cookies and that adorable cup of cocoa. I also used the tree from the Merry Christmas Tree die from the Christmas Release Part 1.  I mounted the cookies and the cup of cocoa onto the smallest nested stitched doily from that die set. I then layered some patterned paper mats onto the two different largest sized scallop stitched rectangle dies for some extra layers and dimension. To keep the Easel open, I added some layers of the double-stitched rectangle dies and used some thick foam tape to give them some lift. I added the "Tis the Season Sentiment" to those dies along with some patterned and cardstock mats.


Here's a closer look at the front of the card standing in the easel position. Here you can see all of the fun dimension I added to the die cuts with some foam tape. For the cup of cocoa, I added some dimensional white paint and some stickles glitter to add some dimension to the "whipped cream". I also added some stickles to the cute little hearts and the little snowflakes.

TIP: Making an Easel card is super easy!
Simply score the top of your card in half. Then cut a piece of the same base of cardstock paper you are using and cut it to the same size as the top. You will always adhere it to the lower half of the scored top only. This will allow the card to lay flat for giving and storing and will allow the top to stand once you use something in the inside to create a "stop".



Here's a look at the inside of the card. I used a Scallop Stitched Rectangle die and mounted it to the top of the inside of the card. This is where I will write my personal greeting.

Here's a closer and side view of the inside, "Tis the Season" sentiment. You can see I added some glitter to the sentiment. It adds a nice touch without being too overbearing.

Here's a closer look at the sentiment "Cookies & Cocoa" die. I cut them out of some plain white cardstock. I then colored them in with my markers. 



Here's a view of what the card looks like closed.

Here's a closer look at the gingerbread girl. I cut her out of some gingery brown cardstock. I edged her with some chalk and then added the cute little stitch lines. I colored her bow and scarf with some pink markers and my spectrum noir glitter pen. The photo doesn't capture the subtle glitter from the pen. I also added some stitch lines to her scarf and bow. 


Don't forget to head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!

Dies I Used






Double Stitched Rectangle Set


Nested Stitched Doily Set


Nested Scallop Rectangle Set



Here's a look at the entire release. Be sure to head over and grab them while they last!


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love the feminine appeal of your easel card

Kristine said...

Super sweet in yummy colors 💕