Saturday, December 18, 2021

Winter Bear on Sled (New die)

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Winter Release with 15 new designs is in the online store. They are perfect for creating cards for all your winter celebrations. You can pick them up on a limited time 30% off sale.

I am using the new Winter Bear on Sled die to create a birthday card for my brother. His birthday is mid-January, and I like to make him winter themed cards that are on the whimsical side. So, let's get started with some details on jhow I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I started this week by selecting my designer paper. I wanted something with background trees and falling snow for a more masculine look. I found the perfect one in my Christmas papers. Since it has neutral colors, I knew it would work with most colors for the bear. 

Bermuda bay card base: 5 5 /8" x 4 1/4"
Brushed silver layering panel: 5 1/2" x 4 1/8"
Designer paper layer: 5 3/8" x 4"


Next, I cut the bear on the sled in a variety of bright colors. I wanted it to stay masculine and I achieved that with the blue and red shades I chose.
I cut a hilly slope for the sled ride using the Hills Slimline die. I stamped my sentiment on the slope in ink that coordinates with the bears snow pants. I just bought the stamp set that has the months of the year. 
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the silver layer with double sided tape and then to the card base. I decided to add some chunky glitter for added interest. 
For the bear image I used dimensional adhesive to lift him slightly off the background. It adds a bit more depth to your card. 
To finish off my card I scattered a few enamel dots in the lipstick shade of the bear's shirt. And, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new Bear on Sled die. He is just too cute. See you next Saturday! 
Reminder: Our YouTube channel is active again. Check out the latest video and we are having a giveaway for subscribing, liking the video and giving it a thumbs up. Click here. 
 

Dies I used to create card:






1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the shiny background!