Friday, July 09, 2021

Snowflake Present Slimline


Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and I hope everyone has had a chance to check out the new Slimline dies in the online store.  They are wonderful!  There are a great variety of styles including some beautiful background dies.  I'm using one today to create an elegant holiday card.  I know it's July but so many blogs are celebrating Christmas in July, I thought I'd give it a go with these beautiful snowflakes.

I started by cutting three panels - two from plain white cardstock, one using the largest of Nested Rectangle Slimline dies and one using the Snowflake Background Slimline.  I cut a panel just slightly smaller from Diamond Glitter paper.

I layered these together.  By cutting the glitter paper slightly smaller I can glue around the edges and sandwich it between the two white layers.

When using the Snowflake die save the snowflakes that come out of the holes. They make wonderful embellishments or shaker bits!

I added sparkly ribbon like you would see on a package.

Next was time for the bow.  Cut approximately 18-22inches of ribbon and a few pieces of gold twine. I added some silver later.

Wrap the ribbon around three of your fingers and then hold in the center.  Add the extra twine in loops on the back and hold these down in the center as well.

Using the twine tie the ribbon tightly in the center.


When the center is secure, fluff up the bow.  Pull the sides out and twist and scrunch.  It looks more complicated than it is.  There really is no wrong way to do it. (And you can use larger ribbon and this same technique for gift wrapping presents!)

I used a couple of glue dots to hold down the bow and added a few rhinestones for extra sparkle.  I love the elegant simplicity of this card.

Be sure to visit the online store to see the 20 new Slimline designs!  Right now they are on sale for a limited time!

Products used:


Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is beautiful Jeanne- love this new die and thanks for the instructions on how you made the impressive bow- I am definitely using this idea

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the elegant and simple look of your card!

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful and classy Christmas card!

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card Jeanne!

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card Jeanne!