Friday, July 16, 2021

Sea of Love

Happy Friday! It's Jeanne today with a card using one of the fun new slimline dies combined with a few dies from summer of 2020 Pirates and Sea Creatures.  The Waves Slimline coordinates perfectly with that release.

I first cut the fish and mermaid tail from various colors of cardstock.

Next I worked on the ocean.  I cut a 5 1/2 x 9 inch piece of mixed media paper so I could do a watercolor technique I call "splat". 

I swatch Distress Oxide on a craft mat and spray with water.  Then I dip the paper in the ink.

I keep going until I'm satisfied with the results.  I use a heat gun every once in awhile to set the ink.

I used the largest of the Slimline Rectangles to cut a base from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in the upper left.  I cut the water piece into three strips - two 2 inches and one 1 1/2 inches.

I opted to use only two of the strips and cut them with two of the Waves dies.  I placed them on the bottom and added my mermaid tail.  The over hang on the right, I cut with scissors.

Then I added my fish.  I had made more than I ended up using but that's perfect - I have some fish and a water strip for another card.

To finish the card added a pearl to the shell.  I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  Be sure to visit the online store where the new release is on sale for a limited time.

Products used:




Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend.



3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love the background you created for your card Jeanne- love the mermaid tail

Pam MacKay said...

Love how you created the colorful water cute card

Sukie said...

Very cool card! The underwater scene is so gorgeous!