Sunday, February 28, 2021

Spring Window


Hi!

It's Anja here. I have a spring inspired card for you today.

For this card I used: 

- Cottage Cutz dies (Spring Window w/Vine, Spring Watering Can, Daffodil Duck, Spring Grass),

- Distress Inks,

- white card base (11x14,5 cm),

- white card stock for die cuts and background (10,5x14 cm),

- embossing folder (bricks),

- silver pigment ink,

- scissors,

- pencil,

- yellow liquid drops,

- paper glue. 


First I made a stencil for the window. I cut all the inner parts and used the frame to draw the window on the background paper. I used scissors to cut it out.

Next I embossed the background. I used grey ink to color the folder before embossing and again to emphasize the edges.

Then I colored the window. I also used the cut frame. I glued the whole window on the back of the background and the frame on top.

Next I cut and colored the can, flowers and all the other greenery. I cut two cans to gain some dimension.

Then I arranged all the parts on the card base and adhered it. Last I added liquid drops to the middle of the small flowers and let it dry.

And my card was done.


Before I go I want to invite you to The Scrapping Cottage online store. All the dies I used for today's post are part of the Spring Sale.

Have a nice Sunday and see you again next week.

Anja Z. 


Cottage Cutz dies I used for today's card:




5 comments:

Jeanne said...

The “old brick” look background sets up a beautiful scene with the window and watering can. Gorgeous card!

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great spring window card

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous window scene love how you did the background bricks!

ButarA said...

Embosed

Sukie said...

Such a pretty card! The scene you created is so gorgeous!