Saturday, February 13, 2021

Safari Birthday

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. It's our Circus release with 16 new designs. They are currently on sale at 25% off individual dies. The Safari release dies are also on sale at 25% off individual dies. This was our Black Friday release.

The Circus & Safari dies are so cute for Birthday, Valentine, Thinking of You or even Father's Day cards. Just let your creativity soar. The DT has been showing some great ideas & techniques for ways to use these dies. So if you missed any check back on the Blog. 

Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring the Safari Zebra, Safari Hippo and the Safari Monkey dies and I created a whimsical birthday card. This would work for either a young boy or an adult man. 

So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started with the colors this week. Our own Jeanne was the hostess for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #830. She chose blueberry bushel, honey bee and bermuda bay for her color trio.  
The colors had me stumped for a bit and then I decided to stencil a confetti like background using the 3 colors. I used distress inks for my stencil work. 
This is the finished work. 

Next, I cut my Safari images in the neutral shades of white, black, brown and gray. For the vine that is part of the monkey die I used bermuda bay cardstock. 

I stamped my birthday sentiment on a flag banner. Just so the animals would have something to stand on. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the stenciled panel to the card base with double sided adhesive. 
I attached the flag with double sided tape. The Safari animals are all attached with dimensional adhesive. I decided to give the monkey a little balloon to hold onto. The balloon is from the 2019 Ballerina Mouse die set. I stamped the hb2u phrase. 

Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope that we are showing you that even though the dies are named Safari or Circus they are so easy to convert to any type card. Like the one I have created here today. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:







3 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is so cute Mary! I love how you used the colors and your sentiment strip really anchors the layout.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the color comb very cute card!

Sukie said...

Very cute! Your polka dot background is perfect for the adorable animals!