Monday, February 01, 2021

No Horsin' Around

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Monday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. It's our Circus release with 16 new designs. They are currently on sale at 25% off individual dies. The Safari release dies are also on sale at 25% off individual dies. This was our Black Friday release. 

The Circus dies are so cute for Birthday, Valentine, Thinking of You or even Father's Day cards. Just let your creativity soar. The DT has been showing some great ideas & techniques for ways to use these dies. So if you missed any check back on the Blog. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Prancing Pony die and I created a Valentine card in some non-traditional colors. The color challenge #828 on Splitcoaststampers gave us smoky slate, basic gray and daffodil delight for a color trio. Optional was to use something that represents movement. The Prancing Pony definitely fits that option. Also for this color challenge you have other colors that are considered neutrals and navy blue is one of them. 
For the card layout I used the Splitcoaststampers sketch #837. Instead of the 3 squares in the layout, I used hearts. 
I stenciled my stripes for the background using a stripes stencil and daffodil ink. For elements e & 4 of the sketch, I cut daffodil cardstock 1/2" x 7 1/2" and embossed it with a hearts folder. The "no horsin around" sentiment is computer generated.

The "be my valentine" phrase is from the 2019 "Be My Valentine Puppies" die. The large scalloped heart is from the same die. The smaller hearts are from the Hearts set.

Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you another idea for a way to use this new die. And, there is still time to get it to create a Valentine's card. See you again on Saturday!

dies I used to create card:








3 comments:

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! The color combination looks great too!

Jeanne said...

Mary you are totally rocking these slimline cards! Another awesome card!

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the yellow and gray