Saturday, June 03, 2017

Sweet Bundle of Love

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Hope you have been enjoying all the different cards from the DT using the new Expressions Plus word dies. With 35 word phrases in these dies, there is so much you can do with them in your own card making.

Combining the word die phrases with a stamped sentiment is just one idea. That's the direction I am going with my card today.  I used the Sweet Phrase and the Stork die to make a baby card. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Sugarplum Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Stenciled Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Step 1: I started my card this week by stenciling a heart background. I used sweet sugarplum and mint macaron ink. This photo was my first attempt (I did 3). My 3rd attempt was the one I chose to use. But I forgot to photo it before I added my sentiment and phrase.
 Step 2: I cut the stork image. I found some cardstock in my stash that was various shades of orange from very light to dark. That's what I used for the stork body and legs. His wing is cut in white and I lightly sponged it with some pink ink. I used some sugarplum patterned paper for the bundle he is carrying.
Step 3: I cut my sweet word phrase 2x with sugarplum cardstock. I did this to give it some dimension against the stenciled hearts. Used Ranger multi-matte medium to adhere the 2 words. This dries clear and is a strong adhesive.
Step 4: I adhered the word phrase and then stamped my "bundle of love" sentiment with sugarplum ink.  I am happy with the look of the card so far.
Step 5: Time to attach the stork to the card. I used dimensional adhesive to lift him slightly off the background. I wanted to use ribbon and played around with several variations before I decided on this white scallop ribbon. I didn't want to cover up my stenciling and I thought this one was narrow enough and also open enough to allow the hearts to still be seen. Plus it fit well with the baby theme of the card.

Here is a close-up photo of my card. You can see all the detail in the stork. Love that about all the CottageCutz dies. Click on the photo to get a larger view.

That completes my card for this week. I hope I have given you a baby card idea as well as a way to use the new Expression Phrases with stamps you already have in your collection.

Did you know that we are now on Instagram and you can follow us over there as well? Check us out here.

 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplussweetphrase.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstork.aspx
 
 

8 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Lovely card, Mary. I love your stenciled background.

Vicki said...

Beautiful card.

SugarShine Designs said...

Very nice design and color choices Mary. That stork is CUTE! You do such a great job with your construction descriptions too.

Lois said...

Sweet card, Mary! I like the stenciled background, and doubling the layers of your sentiment die-cut is a great idea.

Bev Polen said...

Such a beautiful baby card, Mary!! Love the colors used, that gorgeous white ribbon on the left, and, of course, the gorgeous CottageCutz die cuts! The stenciled background is beautiful! Great piece of art, my friend!!

Pam MacKay said...

Love your stenciled background it is so pretty and soft! Beautiful card design and I am going to have to put the cute stork on my wishlist!

Janja said...

Sweet baby card, Mary.

Tam said...

cute card!