Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Circle Die Cut Background - Gladiolus Flower


Welcome to Wednesday's blog post. It's Janet from SugarShine Designs here to share a summer card with a die cut circle background. I'm always looking for ways to get the most of my basic dies and this is one more idea for that. I hope it will inspire you to try it. Circles could work equally well on a scrapbook page don't you think? This technique adds a lot of texture, especially if you emboss them as I did here. The stitched detail on the circles really add a nice touch to the overall image too.


Here in North Carolina, we're already hitting low 90's regularly so I am totally in the mood to create summer scenes on my projects. Today's project features the Gladiolus stamp and die set which is the August flower in the Birthday Flowers release from January. I had to have this one because Glads were my Grandma's favorite garden flower and August is my birthday month. After coloring the die cut with PrismaColor pencils and a little Wink of Stella on the flower centers, I mounted it on the background with foam tape. The card also features the Discover Expression Plus die which I coated with clear heat embossing to add thickness and gloss. So pretty!

A couple weeks ago, Pam shared her gorgeous Prayers card. She used torn vellum as a background for one of the new word dies and that inspired me to do something similar. In my card, I used some glittered fiber from my stash to mount the word.


There's a lot more to share with you about this project. To find out all the details of how to make this card along with dimensions and supplies, please go to the video below.


Thanks for spending some time here at the Scrapping Cottage. Hope you'll be back tomorrow to see another project from our creative Design Team!

Did you know that CottageCutz now has an Instagram Account? 
Join us on Instagram

Dies used in this project:





7 comments:

Lois said...

Two very pretty cards, Janet. I love that you substituted a butterfly for the "i" in "discover."

Anja Ž. said...

Very nice card, Janet. I love your idea for the background.

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful ideas for cards! Your videos are awesome! Thanks so much for mentioning my card it made me feel so great!

Bev Polen said...

Beautiful card, Janet, with great ideas. Your video was also great and I'll try your ideas!

Mary Marsh said...

love the creative background you made for this card Janet and the arrangement of your Discover Phrase on the glittery ribbon-and the creative process videos are always great and informative

Janja said...

Beautiful card! I like the background.

Tam said...

great coloring!