Thursday, June 29, 2017

Beautiful Sea!

Good Morning!

It is Pam sharing with you today! I hope you are having a fantastic summer.  I live in the Hilton Head area so we have a good number of tourist coming to visit.  And the biggest draw is the beautiful Atlantic Ocean!  So I thought I would do an ocean themed card inspired by our beautiful sea!


Here are the design steps:

1.  Use inks on watercolor paper direct to paper then use water and a stipple brush to move the ink around on the paper
2.  Distress the edges of the paper and use distress ink on the edges
3.  Use a stencil and translucent embossing paste to create the bubbles
4.  Glue Prills to the bottom of the card to create the sand
 5.  Use Kraft card stock and cut out the Cottage Cutz Sand Dollar and Sea Horse
 6.  Ink the Sand Dollar and Sea Horse then splatter with a dark brown ink

7.  Cut seaweed using the Under the Sea die and ink the seaweed.  Attach a piece of cheese cloth that has been lightly inked to the center of the card. Then attach all of the dies.  Last splatter the entire card with dark brown ink






I hope you take a walk outside and let nature inspire you!

Blessings
Pam


6 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Pam, Great multi-medium card. You are inspiring me to get out some paste and do some stenciling! Your water scene is a lot of fun.

Janja said...

Wonderful underwater scene, Pam. Sand at the bottom is a great idea. I like.

Lois said...

Nice mixed media project, Pam. I especially like the way you did the "bubbles."

Bev Polen said...

Pam, your mixed media card is beautiful!!

Anja Ž. said...

I like it. Really beautiful card.

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great mixed media creation Pam-love your stenciled bubbles and the prills for sand - I don't know about that medium-have to check it out