Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Baseball Bag and Card Set w Video

Happy TuesDIE Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you on on another sweet TuesDIE. Today I am sharing a fun card and box set, featuring dies from the Baseball and Golf release.

Here’s a look at the set. It features an A2 top folding card and an easy to make, treat bag. I made the bag from one sheet of 8.5 x 11 cardstock. Below is a quick tutorial on how I made the little box.

You start with one piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock. A little heavier weight cardstock is ideal. 
You want to score your cardstock at the 2.5" and 6" along the 8.5" side.
Score at 4.5 and 6.5 along the 11" side.
Then along the 11" side you want to score from the top of the paper to the first score line at 2.25" Then you want to score from the bottom of the paper up to the first score line at 2.25".  Flip your paper and do it on the other end of the 11" side as well. This is just for a cutting guide to be able to cut off all 4 corners.

Here is what the bag looks like when cut. You will then want to create a pleat on the sides as you gather them up so that the two large flaps (front and back) will touch. For my closure, I just punched a couple of holes through both and strung some ribbon through them.


I added a piece of patterned paper to the front and back of the bag. The size of the mats are 3.25 wide x 4.25 tall. I used the baseball die, the Baseball phrase die and the mit to decorate the bag. It hangs as a tag for the front of the bag.

Here's a photo of the card. I used the All Star emblem, the baseball player silhouette and the ball, mit and bat along with the MVP phrase. I mounted the mit, ball and bat as well as the silhouette batter onto some red cardstock and onto some square wacky stitched mats.

Here's a photo showing how I colored my Baseball phrase die with my markers. I cut all of my dies in white cardstock and then use my markers and inks to color them in. 

Here is one last look at my set. I think it turned out great and can't wait to gift it to one of my favorite all stars!


Head over to my YouTube Channel For a Quick Project Share and helpful tutorial for this cute set!

Be sure to check out my project share video on last week's set too!

The Dies I Used For This Project













Here's the entire release. Head over to the shop and check them all out!



Also, don't forget to head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a fabulous arc & bag project Melinda- and a bonus video - I love it

Pam MacKay said...

Such a great idea! Love the gift set!

Kristine said...

You certainly hit this outta the park❣⚾️๐Ÿงข love this gift set!