Friday, April 23, 2021

Showers of Love

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. Your slimline cardmaking is going to get a lot easier. We have 9 Slimline designs and they are on a 25% off sale. These are wonderful, basic dies that should be a part of every card maker's collection especially if you are liking the new slimline style.

Today for your viewing pleasuring, I am using the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline, Clouds Slimline and the Spring Showers Buddies dies. I created a special I love you card for my precious little granddaughter. She loves getting cards from me and saves them all. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started my card by cutting the Spring Showers Buddies images. I wanted to see what size slimline die to use for my rainy day scene. I cut them using the packaging colors. I like bright colors and these ones are so perfect. 
Next I used designer paper and cut my image panel background with the largest of the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline die. It measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". Then I took a raindrops stencil and stenciled raindrops on the background designer paper. 
I used gray designer paper to cut the clouds with the Clouds Slimline die. 
Then I attached to the background designer paper. 
Stamped my showers of love sentiment in dark grey ink. 
I die cut a water puddle and splashes of rain water from the 2019 Spring collection "Rainy Day Duck". It's out of stock but you could use a snowbank die for the same effect. Like the one from the Snowman w/Lamp Post die. 
To complete my card I attached the Spring Showers Buddies to the background designer paper with dimensional adhesive. 
I hope I have given you a new idea for a way to use this cute Spring die and the newest Slimline dies. See you next Saturday! 

Dies I used to create card:







 

2 comments:

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! The background is perfect for a rainy day scene!

Pam MacKay said...

Cute little April Showers card Mary!