Friday, August 21, 2020

Sunshine and Pink

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with another tropical card.  I love the sentiment on this card - probably because I love the sun and I love the color pink!  I used the Flamingo with Hibiscus and the Tropical Bouquet dies from the new release. Tropical Bouquet is one of my all time favorites!  It features two flowers I love; hibiscus and plumeria.  On today's card I used the plumeria.  They are gorgeous, easy to create and add a special touch to any card!
To start I cut the flamingo using Flirty Flamingo cardstock, as well as a light pink and grey.  For the black pieces, I colored the light pink pieces with black Copic marker.
For my flowers I went into my scrap box and got several colors of pink making sure I had a variety of tones.  The plumeria have two layers - a larger bottom layer and a smaller top layer.   After gluing these two together, I used pink ink to brush the edges and added the black centers.  Super simple and very elegant.  I used the DO ink to edge my flamingo.
I cut a panel 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches that will be adhered to an A2 card base, and three other panels.  A white one 5 1/2 x 2 5/8 inches, a pink 5 1/2  x 2 3/4 inches and a yellow dot 5 1/2 x 2 inches.
Using a stencil and yellow ink, I created a sun for under the flamingo on the narrow white panel.
I stamped my sentiment and assembled the layers.
I added my flamingo, flowers and a few sequins.  Super easy card and perfect for anyone who loves pink, flamingos, flowers or sunshine!

Be sure to visit the online store where the new release is on sale for a limited time!

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzflamingowhibiscus.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztropicalbouquet.aspx

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is beautiful Jeanne- Your layout, colors and background sun rays all work together to show these dies well

Pam MacKay said...

Love the design of your card so cute!

Sukie said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love everything about it!