Saturday, August 01, 2020

Flamingo w/ Hibiscus (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of Beach & Tropical dies in the online store. We have 14 new designs in this release and they are currently on sale for a limited time at 25% off. They are so perfect for creating beach themed birthday cards, thanks you, thinking of you etc. Let your imagination soar! The Design Team will be giving you many ideas in the coming weeks to help spark your creativity. 

For today I am using the Flamingo w/ Hibiscus and Tropical Bouquet dies and created a birthday card. I have plenty of friends who love the beach so one of them will be receiving this card.  Let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I decided to start with my die cuts this week because I wasn't sure of where I was going with my background. This was a work in progress. I cut my Flamingo in a medium shade of pink for her body and a darker shade for her legs. 
Then I cut some flowers in magenta and grape and the leaves in a couple of shades of green. I used the packaging photo as a guide. 
I thought I might do some ink blending and make a sky, water and sand background and then that changed direction. I decided to use this soft seafoam designer paper as the background. I cut a frame in the same shade of cardstock and the card base in a magenta shade that coordinates with the hibiscus flowers. 

Magenta card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Soft Seafoam Frame Exterior: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Frame Interior: 4" 3/8" x 4 5/8"
Designer Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"

Attached the designer paper to my frame with double sided tape. Before I stamped the sentiment I attached the leaves and flowers to the corners. I needed those in place so I could get a good placement for my sentiment. I used double sided tape and Ranger multi matte medium. 
The sentiment is stamped in a moss green ink. This shade matched the darker colors of my leaves. I also used my MISTI tool for placement and in case I needed to do a double inking. And in this case it did require 2 inkings.

I attached the flamingo image with dimensional adhesive. I wanted her lifted slightly off the background. 

To finish off my card, I scattered a few magenta enamel dots and attached the image frame to the card base. And, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a fun way to use these new dies. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:



4 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful card Mary. I love the tropical flowers and the flamingo looks great!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the combination of dies so pretty!

Jeanne said...

This is so fun Mary! I love the combo of the flamingo and the hibiscus!

Sukie said...

Fabulous card Mary! The flamingo is gorgeous as are those tropical flowers!