Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A Sweet Hello

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I'm sharing a card using one of the sweet birds from the Cottage Cutz Beach & Tropical die release! There are so many fun dies in this new release I've been having a blast creating with them!

I created an ink blended background, with only one color on the entire card panel.  My card base was then splattered with water.

The toucan paired so well with the pretty hibiscus flowers, I decided to cut out an extra flower for my card. All of my die cuts were shaded with Oxide Inks.
Next, I masked off my card panel and splattered it with some paint at an angle.  I also hand cut a couple of flags. The sentiment was heat embossed on the solid flag.

I adhered the cluster of hibiscus to the background of my card.  I love how the bold colors pop against the yellow!
The sweet bird of paradise was perched up on the patterned flag.  The grouping of hibiscus are so pretty with the coordinating toucan.
The sentiment tag and a few enamel dots were the finishing accents on this tropical card making for a fun way to say hello!
Here are the die sets used on my card, available in the store:

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Great ink blended background- it really adds to the tropical vibe- love the sweet toucan

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the bright yellow background!