Sunday, August 09, 2020

Seahorse & Sea Turtle

Hi!

It's Anja here. I have two cards for you today. I made a cute set with a Seahorse and a Turtle. 

 For this project I used:

- Cottage Cutz dies (Seahorse, Sea Turtle, Circle Set),

- Dye Inks,

- 2 white card bases (15x15 cm),

- white card stock for die cuts,

- water color paper (2 14,2x14,2 cm),

- acrylic paint sprays (blue shades),

- sentiment stamps,

- acrylic block,

- black pigment ink,

- white pigment ink,

- black pen,

- white pen,

- Wink of Stella glitter pen,

- heat gun,

- adhesive foam pads,

- paper glue. 


First I cut and colored the turtle. I used white pigment ink and a brush to emphasize some parts of the turtle. I also added a bit of glitter to it.

Next I cut and colored the seahorse.

Then I cut two paper stencils.

I put the stencil over the watercolor paper and sprayed it with acrylic spray paints. I used three shades of blue.

Next I removed the stencils and added a few drops of the lightest blue shade to add over the paper. I dried the paper with the heat gun.

After that I added some color to the edges of the background paper. I also stamped the sentiment.

When I had all the pieces ready I assembled the cards together. I added the turtle and the seahorse using adhesive foam pads for dimension. And my cards were done.




This is all from me for today. Have a nice Sunday and see you again next week.

Anja Z.

 

Cottage Cutz dies I used for this project:



4 comments:

Sukie said...

Adorable set of cards! The backgrounds look so amazing!

Andre M. said...

These images are so sweet!

Pam MacKay said...

Love how you did the circle background adorable cards

Mary Marsh said...

Two really cute cards Anja- love the blended circles - they show off the images so well