Friday, November 16, 2018

Autumn Memories

Happy Friday Cottage Cutz fans!  Its Jeanne today with my last card before Thanksgiving!  This card uses the Country Candles dies along with a few from the Autumn release. The Autumn release dies are on sale for a limited time so be sure to stop by the online store!
I started by die cutting the lantern from a "galvanized tin" cardstock, the candle, flames and bow from vanilla, and the glass from velum.  I used leaves that I had left over from last week's card!  I had already used a sponge to color the edges of the leaves.
Next, I colored the vanilla pieces with Copic markers.
 I carefully adhered the velum window to the back of the lantern using Multi Medium Matte.
I cut a gold panel the size of an A2 card - 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches, and a 5 1/4 x 4 inch panel from brown Co'ordinations cardstock.  This cardstock was popular several years ago and has a different color interior which shows when embossed and/or sanded.  Today, I embossed the panel and used a sanding block to reveal the interior color and enhance the embossing.
 I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink and used the third smallest stitched oval to cut it out.
The lantern is popped off the embossed panel using foam dots and I used linen thread behind it.
I glued the sentiment below and slightly to the right of the lantern and then glued on my leaves. The embossed panel is glued to the gold one and both are adhered to an A2 card base.

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  My next post will be after Thanksgiving and I wanted to get in one last autumn themed post!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcountrycandles.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpumpkinsandvines.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpumpkinpieandlatte.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedovalsetbasics.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a happy and weekend (and find some time for creativity!)

6 comments:

Janja said...

This card is so beautiful and I like your color palette.

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Jeanne - love this candle die and the embossed background looks awesome- great work

Lois said...

This is a lovely fall card. I like how you used the vellum on the lantern. It looks like frosted glass.

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card! The background looks so amazing! The vellum accent on your lantern is a nice look!

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty love how you did the background!

karen said...

What a beautiful card. The candle is definitely on my wish list!

May I ask what embossing folder that is? It's lovely and I feel the need to own it, lol.

Thanks a bunch.

Karen