Monday, November 12, 2018

Wooden Ornaments

Hi!  Lois here with my Monday post.  Be sure to check the CottageCutz store because the Autumn Release is still on sale for a limited time at 25% off.   While you're there, be sure to check out all the new Christmas dies too.

My card for today went together relatively quickly.  I used one of the new CottageCutz Christmas dies, Wooden Ornaments with some pine patterned paper, and the card sort of put itself together.   


To start my card, I cut the die pieces from scraps that I had on my scrap pile -- the three ornaments from some tan cardstock and the accessories pieces from a scrap of white.


I sponged some Vintage Photo distress ink onto the ornaments and colored the accessory pieces with Copic markers, then constructed the three ornaments.


I cut the cardstock as follows:

Cream - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Red - 5 1/4" x 4"
Patterned paper - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"



I then cut the Christmas sentiment from scraps of both red and white cardstock and constructed my card base, forming a sort of shadow behind the sentiment.


Using the pine sprigs for placement reference, I added the ornaments -- cutting a small section out of the hangers to make it appear that the loops went behind the sprigs.  The loops are glued down flat, but the ornaments are popped up on foam dots.   As I said before, the card went together relatively quickly.  I love that!


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwoodenornaments.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsmerrychristmas.aspx



5 comments:

Janja said...

Nice Christmas card!

Sukie said...

Lovely Christmas card! The ornaments displayed on the branches is such a clever idea and look amazing!

Mary Marsh said...

these new dies are so cute Lois - and I love the patterned paper you used to "hang" them on- creative idea and card

Pam MacKay said...

Great DP for your pretty wooden ornaments. They look perfect hanging in the branches!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card Lois! Love the background you used, it is perfect!