Monday, June 18, 2018

Vintage T-Bird

Hi, Lois here with another example of a masculine card using the new CottageCutz "Just for Guys" dies.  Be sure to check them out in the store.


And, while you're in the store, be sure to take advantage of the Anniversary Sale going on right now.  You can save up to 50% on select dies.

I've been having lots of fun with these new "Just for Guys" dies.  Making masculine cards is sometimes a challenge, but these dies make it so easy.  Again, I've gone back into the past for the layout of my card -- Sketch Challenge 80 from Splitcoaststampers.


For my purposes, I rotated the layout to horizontal rather than vertical.


To start my card, I cut the die pieces from white cardstock, using the Vintage T-Bird and Vintage Gas Pump dies.  I had to chuckle a bit by the names of these dies.  They may be "vintage" images, but they were "new" when I was a teen-ager!  I guess that makes me "vintage," too!!!


Normally the first time I color these CottageCutz die-cuts, I use the images on the packaging as my guide.


Aside from the card base, I was able to use scraps of cardstock and patterned paper for this layout.

White - 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored at 4 1/4"
Dark Blue - 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and 5 1/2" x 2 1/4"
Light Blue - 4 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Patterned Paper - 5 3/8" x 2 1/8"

I didn't have a piece of the roadmap paper the correct size; but, because the middle of the strip would be behind the focal panel, I was able to cut two smaller pieces.


I stamped the sentiment on the light blue piece of cardstock, leaving plenty of space for the gas pump and car.


I then constructed my card.  I decided that I needed something to ground the images, so I glued a strip of gray cardstock along the bottom of the panel.   The gas pump is glued directly to the background, and the car is popped up on foam dots.

CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzvintagegaspump.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzvintaget-bird.aspx


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love the retro vibe on this card Lois -everything goes so well together- car, gas pump and the map paper- great work

Pam MacKay said...

Love the car and pump so darn cute! The map in the back looks great too!

Anja Ž. said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Janja said...

I like this beautiful card, Lois.

Sukie said...

Fabulous card! I just love all of the details on the die cuts!

Jeanne said...

Cute card - I love the map in the background!