Sunday, June 24, 2018

Let's race!

Hi!

This is Anja. I have a simple card for you today. I made a card with the racing car die, and used just black and white, with a bit of blue for the sky.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Racecars & Flags, Oval Set),
- Distress Inks (Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Stormy Sky),
- watercolor paper for background (20,8 x 9,8 cm, 20,8 x 1cm),
- white and black card stock for die cuts,
- black card stock for background (20,8 x 3 cm) and ovals,
- heat gun,
- water spritzer,
- pencil,
- scissors,
- paper glue.

First I made the background. I cut watercolor paper and did the smooching technique. I dried the paper with the heat gun.


I cut a strip of black paper and then I had everything for the background. I glued all the three pieces on the card base.

I die cut the cars and the flags. I used white and black card stock.


Next I cut the ovals and again colored it with smooching.


I cut two ovals from black card stock. I drew around the die with the pencil and then cut it with the scissors.


I glued the ovals together and then added the cars. When I had everything glued together, my card was finished.



Thank you for stopping by. I wish you all a nice Sunday.

Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz die I used:



5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a perfect card for guys and girls who love Nascar racing Anja-and there is a big following of that sport- a birthday or get well sentiment would work great

Janja said...

A great card Anja. I like the white and black combination.

Lois said...

My daughter is a big NASCAR fan -- goes to the races at Daytona every year. She would love your card! The black and white color combo is very dramatic.

Jeanne said...

I love the unusual size of this card and the black and white. What a great way to use the dies!

Majda said...

Zelo mi je všeč črno bela kombinacija in tudi ozadje je imenitno!
Naj bo imeniten tudi tvoj vikend, Majda