Saturday, June 23, 2018

Graduation Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of Just For Guys dies in the online store, and they are currently 25% off.  There are 14 new designs and they are ideal for masculine cards, guy stuff or car buffs. They all have a retro and classic look. The design team has been showing samples using the new dies. So if you haven't seen them, take a look back on the Blog for some creative ideas for your masculine cards. 

 For my card today, I am featuring the new Traffic Light die. I needed a graduation card, and I thought this die would make something a little different.  Let's get started with some details on how I created my project. 
Step 1: I chose my card colors based on the school colors. It's a blue -gray theme. My blue cardstock is called lost lagoon and I used patterned paper to match. I used the largest Stitched Scallop die to cut my rectangle panel.
Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Stitched Scalloped Layer: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Step 2: Cut out the traffic light pieces. I like to use colored cardstock when I cut my dies. It's easier for me to do it that way. But you can certainly use white cardstock then the color medium of your choice. Either way works great.
I cut the 2018 from gray cardstock and I used the Stitched Numbers die. This card is going to a girl so the scalloped panel and the stitched numbers give it a bit more femininity.
Step 3: Time to start a bit of the card assembly. I attached the PP layer to the card base with double sided tape. 
Started the assembly of the image panel. First, I had to stamp my "go" word on the greenlight. I didn't have a stamp with just that word. But, I found one with the word "got".
By masking off the "t" and the rest of the sentiment I had what I wanted. Sometimes we just have to get a little resourceful with what we have to work with.  
Attached to panel then I stamped my sentiment in the bottom right corner. Used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for help with keeping it straight.
I applied Ranger multi matte medium to the numbers. Placed them on an angle just for added interest.
Step 4: To finish off my card, I used mounting tape and attached image panel to base.  I thought it needed something else to complete it so I added a few gray enamel dots. It was just a little bling but not too much to overwhelm the other elements of my card.
Well that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you another idea for a way to use these new dies. See you next Saturday!!

dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztrafficlight.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchednumbers.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedscalloprectangleset.aspx




5 comments:

Lois said...

Mary, what an awesome, creative graduation card! I love the idea of the traffic light and "go."

Janja said...

Beautiful! I like this creative card.

Jeanne said...

Mary - what a creative way to use the stoplight! I love this.

Pam MacKay said...

Great use of the new dies and so very clever!

Anja Ž. said...

This is great idea, Mary!