Friday, June 22, 2018

Road Trip

Happy Friday everyone!  It's Jeanne today and my cards uses some great dies from the new "Just for Guys" release.  (Although these really aren't just for guys - this would make a great card for anyone going on a road trip!)
The card features the letters from the Retro Alphabet set.  I cut them all out of white cardstock to begin.
Some of the backgrounds were similar but the nice  thing about this set is that you can mix and match the backgrounds for the letters!
I colored the backgrounds and letters using Copic markers to match the colors in the patterned paper I was planning to use.
Next I cut the background pieces from the Route 66 Road Signs set using vanilla cardstock.  I left these uncolored.
I cut a panel slightly smaller than 4/14 x 5 1/2 inches.
I adhered all my elements to the panel with some hanging off.  I used scissors to trim these and then glued the panel to a top fold A2 card base.
I love the retro look of these dies.  Great for men (or women)!

We have a number of sales going on in the store today, including the new release which is Just for Guys!!! It has 14 wonderful dies for the awesome men in our lives! It's on sale for 25% off!  The other sale we have going on is our ANNIVERSARY SALE WITH UP TO 50% off most of the dies in the store!  So please check out the online sales!

Dies used today:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzretroalphabet.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroute66roadsigns.aspx



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a creative weekend!

8 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Fantastic use of the dies love the colors and design!

Mary Marsh said...

such an creative idea for these retro alphabet dies Jeanne- I love it!!!!!

Joanne said...

Adorable card Jeanne! Love it!

Lois said...

Who doesn't love a good road trip!!! What a great card with all the bright cheerful colors!

Sukie said...

Such a great card! Those alphabet dies would be so perfect for layout page titles too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Janja said...

Gorgeous as always.

Anja Ž. said...

This is so much fun. I love how you arranged the die cuts.

Karen L K said...

Such a great retro card!