Saturday, November 26, 2016

Christmas Holly Bells


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Well our Thanksgiving Day has come and gone here in the US. We had a wonderful time with 4 generations sitting around our table having our Thanksgiving dinner. I spent days preparing for it and now it's time to think seriously about Christmas.

So if you haven't started your cards as yet, I am showing one today that could very easily be mass produced. You could change it up by simply using a different patterned paper. So let's get started on some details of how I created my card. The bells are part of the Christmas Holly Bells die and the corner holly is from the Holly & Berries die.

Looks like both these dies are on a 50% off sale. In fact there is a Black Friday blowout sale going on as well as a new Black Friday "camping" release. So it's a good day to shop with this being small business Saturday. Plus you can get some great deals on Christmas dies. Check out this Blog or our Pinterest Board for lots of inspiration from the design team.









Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Medium Brown Layering Panel: 4" x 5 5/16"
Patterned Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

I started my card by choosing my patterned paper. That determined my card colors and the shades of red and green I would use for my holly die cuts. I used a real red and a ivy green cardstock. I cut the holly leaves 2x because I like a bit of dimension with my dies.

Cut all the dies and now I am ready for assembling. The bells are cut from a metallic gold on kraft cardstock. I thought this shade of gold went well with the patterned paper. I tried a lighter one but didn't like it as well.

Decided on my sentiment and stamped that in a real red ink on kraft cardstock.  I cut it out with the stitched rounded rectangle die.  It makes it stand out a bit and adds interest to the card. The patterned paper was a bit busy to stamp directly on there.

To complete my card I added a few drops of glossy accents to the holly berries. I hope this card has given you some inspiration. If you want to recreate it for your Christmas cards, the dies are on sale including the stitched rectangle die.

Well Blogger friends, that's it for me for this week so until next time.......inky hugs.


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmashollybells.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhollyandberries.aspx
 
 


3 comments:

Janja said...

Very nice.

Tam said...

great card! I just ordered that bell set with the order I placed the first day of the sale.

creative lady said...

Very pretty!