Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Celebrating Bunny Rabbit

Hi, Lois here today.  I have to tell you that I have fallen in love with all those cute little critters in the October release from CottageCutz -- In the Forest.  Today I'm bringing you a card which I was a bit unhappy with initially, but with the addition of a couple of elements, I am quite happy.


Supplies for this card are:

Cream cardstock cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half
Chocolate cardstock cut 3 3/4" x 5"
Cream cardstock, kraft cardstock approx. 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" for cutting ovals
Patterned paper cut 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
Scraps of cardstock red, green, white, black
Distress ink - Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass
Markers - black, pink
CottageCutz dies -  Deer and Rabbit Peekers, Tree Stump and Log for Peekers, Earmuffs and Mittens, Balloon - Round mini, Celebrate, Double-stitched Ovals

I began by cutting out the pieces from the Deer and Rabbit Peekers, the Tree Stump and Log for Peekers, and Earmuffs and Mittens dies.



I then sponged some color on the rabbit and stump pieces to give them some depth. I colored the inside of the bunny ears and the nose with markers.



I cut out the layers and die cut the ovals . . .


. . . sponged some ink for the grass and sky on the cream-colored oval and constructed my card.  However, at this point I was not very happy with the card.  It definitely needed something.  The bunny didn't really look too happy peeking out from that stump.  I had an idea about how to cheer him up, so I die cut the balloon and the word "Celebrate."


Now, he looked better.  Here again is my completed card.



5 comments:

karen said...

This is just darling.

Mary Marsh said...

Lois you have been showing the cutest cards with these new dies- and each one is so creative- I don't think I could pick a favorite- love this one though

Janja said...

Very nice and creative. Especially so cute rabbit with earmuffs :).

Anita Kejriwal said...

This is really cute Lois.

creative lady said...

Cute card!