Saturday, November 19, 2016

Mistletoe Christmas Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

This upcoming week we are celebrating Thanksgiving here in the USA and then comes the frantic Christmas rush (lol)!!! Card making, gift buying and wrapping, baking and decorating will be in the forefront for the month of December.

So if you haven't started your cards as yet, I am showing one today that could very easily be mass produced. You could change it up by simply using a different patterned paper.

So let's get started on some details of how I created my "Mistletoe Christmas" card. My mistletoe is from the Holiday Greenery die. It was part of the Christmas 2 release.

Green Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2 size)
Red Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Patterned Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Image Panel: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Black layering Panel: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"

Step 1: I started my card this week by choosing my patterned paper. Once I did that, I just matched my cardstock to the colors used on the patterned paper.
Step 2: Cut my first 3 layers of cardstock to the above sizes and assembled using double sided tape. I decided to add some red seam binding just for added card interest.  No bow because I want to keep the card flat for mailing.
 
Step 3: I cut my image panel using the basic square in vanilla and the stitched square in black. There is black in this patterned paper so I used that cardstock to help accent my card. I stamped my sentiment and added some dots cut from the holiday greenery die. I used dimensional tape on this panel to lift it away from the patterned panel.
 
That completes my card for this week. As I said, this one could be mass produced easily. And, that would free you up to do other Christmas tasks. Here is another look at the completed card.
Well Blogger friends, that's it for me fo this week so until next time.......inky hugs.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=square+set
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaygreenery.aspx
 
   
 

4 comments:

Lois said...

I love this, Mary! That patterned paper goes so well with the mistletoe die cut piece.

Tam said...

so pretty!

Janja said...

So festive and beautiful!

Anita Kejriwal said...

A perfect Christmas card.