Thursday, August 11, 2016

Let's Go Sledding!

Hello everyone,

It's Donna here share some of the new Christmas release with you!  Oh my, there are sooooo many cute dies that it was hard for me to choose which one's I wanted to share with you. Please stop at the store and check them out.  For a limited time they are 25% off.

Today I am sharing the "Snowy Trees" and the "Scottie Dog on Sled".  The new tree is so cute, you can use it with or without the snow.  I am using it with the snow and I added some stickles to the edge to give it some sparkle.  The dog is so cute, I love how he is holding onto the sled.  I decided to make my own snow hills to make it look like the dog is sledding down the hill.

Here is my card:

Closer look at the card so you can see the stickles on the trees

How I put my card together:

1.  A2 card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2),
2.  I embossed the base of the card,
3.  I tore paper to make the hills and then used a paper crimper to get the ridges,


4.  I layered the paper and added foam tape to the back of the hills and added them to the bottom of the card. 
5.  I die cut the trees in green card stock and cut the snow pieces in white,


6.  I added the white pieces (snow) to the trees and added stickles,
7.  I die cut the sled in red,
8.  I die cut the dog in white card stock and colored him with copics
9.  I added the sled and dog to the card with pop dots.

I did not want to add a sentiment, because I did not want to take away from the scenery, but if you decide to make this, you could add one.

I hope you are inspired to start making your Christmas cards!  Christmas will be here before you know it, it's never to early to start.  Also, don't forget about the challenge over on the CottageCutz blog, the theme is birthdays!

Dies used:



6 comments:

Karen in PA said...

This is adorable. I love the scottie dog on the sled, and your trees are gorgeous.
Karen

Mary Marsh said...

So cute Donna- love this sweet little Scottie and the pine tree die is awesome

Janja said...

Such a nice card with Scottie dog.

Юлия Кузнецова said...

What a wonderful card! In love

Vladuška said...

Such a cute winter scene.

Joanne said...

Adorable Donna. It's so fun seeing all of the beautiful projects using the new Christmas dies. I love them all!