Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Give Thanks


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog.
 
The 2nd part of the Christmas dies have been released as well as new Autumn dies. If you haven't been over to the online store, you should definitely go and take a look at all the new goodies.
 
 And, today I am showing you one of the new Autumn dies. It's the Give Thanks die set.  I love our Thanksgiving Holiday and creating cards to send to family and friends is something that is part of the celebration for me.
 So let's get started on how I created my card for today. I made a different size card today. This one is 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".
 
Olive Card Base: 3 1/2" x 11" - scored at 5 1/2"
Stenciled panel: 3 3/8" x 5 3/8"
Image Panel: 2 3/8" x 4 1/2"
 
I was going to use pattern paper and none of my stash was catching my eye. So I decided to do some stenciling on the background panel. I really like the leaves on this die so I cut them from scrap white cardstock and used them as my template. And, also different distress inks.
 I used a stencil brush to feather in the leaf colors. I really like the soft look that I was able to achieve with this brush. Just another way to get more use from your dies.
Now that my background is complete, I went for the next layer and chose some 1 1/4"wide striped olive grosgrain ribbon. It matches my card base. I also used a corner rounder on this panel for some added interest.
At this point I am ready to cut my dies to layer on this panel. I used a curry colored cardstock for one of my leaves and the other 2 a reddish brown shade and the pumpkin of course is cut in orange. For my Give Thanks word, I used a purple cardstock. I also used the corner rounder on this image panel.
Here are some close-up photos. Just wanted you to see the detail on the pumpkin and leaves as well as the beautiful font on the Give Thanks word.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. See you again on Friday with another Fall card. So until next time .......inky hugs.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgivethanks.aspx
 

5 comments:

Юлия Кузнецова said...

What a beautiful card! I like autumn)

creative lady said...

Love how you made the stencil and used it as your background. Your card is just beautiful!

karen said...

Your stenciled background is gorgeous and I love the pumpkin on this card.
Karen

Janja said...

Very nice card with beautiful background.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Loved that background. A pretty card