Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Christmas Tags


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.
The Design Team has been bringing you some fabulous samples with the new CottageCutz Christmas 2016 dies.  I hope you are being inspired to start thinking about your Christmas cards, thank you notes as well as Christmas gift tags.
 
That was a lead in to my project for today. I decided to make a couple of gift tags with these new dies. So sit back, relax grab some coffee or a cold drink while I walk you through my creative process this week.

For the first tag I used the Winter Cabin Border and the Ornament Trio dies.

To create this tag, I used the CottageCutz Rectangle Die-the largest one in the set. I then stamped the background snowflakes with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder on my light blue cardstock.
 I didn't want to have a square topped tag so here's what I did to make a pretty tag top. My rectangle base is 3" wide,  so I needed a die wide enough to only cut the top of the tag.
 I placed the cardstock so the side edges are not on the cutting edge of the die.

 
 Now on to decorating the tag. I cut both the Winter Cabin Border die and a single ornament from the Ornament trio dies in white cardstock.
 
 
To complete this tag I punched a hole at the top and ran my blue ribbon through. I tied it with silver cording. I attached my ornament, added a pearl to finish the tag off.
 
 
 
Now onto my 2nd tag. For this one I used the Merry Christmas Santa die. I cut my tag in red cardstock, found the patterned paper I wanted to use and cut my Santa image.  I also used the Stitched Circle Dies and cut a circle with the 5th largest die to position Santa in the center of it.
I added a little snow mound at the bottom of the circle for Santa to stand on. For the mound I used the sand from the seagull die. Just another way to get additional use out of your dies. I used glue and sprinkled some chunky glitter on the snow mound.
I used the same glitter and added it to Santa's hat, belt, arm cuffs and hat.
To complete this tag, I stamped a sentiment on olive cardstock and cut it in a flag shape. I embossed the sentiment to make it stand out on the tag.  I added white ribbon and tied it with red striped ribbon.
Thanks for staying with me through the entire post this week. Hope I gave you some ideas for your own Christmas tags. Don't forget about our current challenge going on for August. The theme is birthday and you can get more info here.
 
See you next week.........until then sending inky hugs!
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzornamenttrio.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwintercabinborderelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmerrychristmassanta.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzseagull.aspx

6 comments:

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Amazing tag!

Janja said...

Very beautiful Christmas tags.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such cute tags

Karen in PA said...

What a beautiful set of tags, Mary!
Karen

Vladuška said...

Very nice tags.

creative lady said...

Love your tags!