Thursday, February 18, 2016

Balloons and Clouds

Hi, Vladka here!


The card I did today has the focus on the right side. It was inspired by my balloons and clouds dies. I also used Distress Inks along with my dies.

First I prepared my white card base and additional white cardstock piece of paper (approximately 4.25x5.5 inches tall). 

I added some Peacock Feather Distress ink on my acrylic block and spritzed some water on it. I then took a piece of plastic acetate and gently pressed it against the block to pick up some of the ink. I took that inked up plastic and then pressed it to my paper to transfer the ink to the paper to get a splotchy look. Sometimes this technique is also called "smooshing".


While I was waiting for it to dry, I cut my die pieces. I used white cardstock to cut my Balloons, Clouds and Gift TagTopper. I used coordinating Distress Inks to color the balloons. 

I usually cut off any parts of the card that over hang outside the cardbase but this time I decided to let the balloons stay in once piece. This looks more like they are flying up in the sky! :)
I glued everything together with liquid glue and foam squares. At the end I just added Gift Tag on the left side of the card and my card was finished.

 

I hope this gives you some idea how you can use beautiful dies from birthday release and combine them with some old one which are in your stash maybe. 
Have fun creating!
________________________________________
Card Supplies I used:

CottageCutz dies: they are listed below
Card stock: white cardstock
Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Dusty Concord
Other:  scissors, paper trimmer, Sizzix, scor-buddy, water, plastic acetate
______________________________________________

7 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Absolutely stunning! So simple but so beautiful!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janja said...

Very beautiful card with pretty balloons among the clouds. Very nicely done.

Karen in PA said...

Vladka, Another gorgeous card! I have to send you my address, so I can get one, lol!!! Simply beautiful, and I appreciate the details. Then, I don't have to bother you with questions! I've done smooshing before, but I just used the acrylic block directly to the paper, and missed the clear sheet part of it. I'll give it another try.
karen

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute Vladka! Love the clouds and your sweet balloons on the background that you created! too cute! :)
hugs,
cheryl

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card! I can't wait to make one of my own!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us!

Tina Z. said...

vladka, this is so lovely - colorful and bright. I love your smooshing.