Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine Love

Good morning and welcome!  I still have a few winter cards and images that I want to show you, but today, I have a card I made for Valentine's Day.  The new Cottage Cutz Valentine's Day dies are so much fun to play with, and I did a little playing with these wonderful new dies, and some embossing powder to come up with this card.  I used the Vintage Keys die, and the Frame 1 die for this card, along with the Frame 1 lettering stamps.  
I used white card stock to cut the key, and coated the surface thoroughly with Versamark ink, then sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heated it to melt the powder.  After letting it cool for a bit, I repeated this process two more times for a nice, thick coating of metal on the key.  The label was cut in both white and red, layered, and stamped with the LOVE sentiment from the Frame 1 Lettering stamp set.  A few pearl embellishments, some satin ribbon, and a metal heart sticker finished this fun and festive card off, and it's ready for the big day. 

Have a beautiful day, a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!!

5 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Lori, this is soooooooooooo cute!!!! The Vintage key looks fabulous and I love how you embellished the label set! Cute stuff today, girl!!

Shar said...

This is gorgeous! I love the embossed key and the hanging "sign". Wow!

JennyKozar said...

Just beautiful! I LOVE how you crinkled your ribbon.

Denise said...

Stunning. I would love to learn how you laid the ribbon on the top. It looks so elegant.

dendearmas@aol.com

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so super cute!! I love it!! I love how you made your key ... I am going to have to try that myself.