Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nontraditional Valentine's Card

For my post today, I was playing around with some different colors for these super fun Valentines's Stamps. I don't have a big supply of Copics so my choices are limited. I grabbed these two colors of purple to use for the Candy Heart Clear Stamp since these fun candies come in a purple shade, too. I stamped my image onto a piece of white cardstock that I had already cut out using the Postage Stamp Die. Then I colored in the swirls and hearts using two shades of this lavender/purple color. To create the border, I simply colored it using one of my markers.


Hope you are having a great Saturday and that you get a chance for a little scrapping, too!!



 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Very cute, Ruth Ellen! I love your nontraditional take on this! Great way to think outside the box!!

Beckie Williams said...

very cute... I love when ever anyone uses some non-traditional colors ... what great inspiration it gives us ... thank you for sharing