Friday, February 05, 2010

The Making of a Gingerbread House

As soon as I saw this Limited Edition Gingerbread House Die, I knew I had to have it! I mean, who can't use a Gingerbread House die, right?! Every year, my girls and I make a Gingerbread house together. When they were younger, it was hard to keep the decorations from disappearing into their little tummies. But this year, they were really into the decorating and actually worked on it together as a team without wanting to eat all the little candies. Well sort of ;).

In order to jump start my layout, I used a Pagemaps sketch. I had taken so many pictures during the decorating process that I needed something to help focus me onto the best ones for a layout. This sketch worked perfectly for me.



I love all the wonderful detailing on this Gingerbread House die. I just ran it through my die-cutting machine with brown cardstock and then again with white cardstock. I built the house with the brown pieces and then used my Copic markers to color each of the candies and other fun details I had cut from the white cardstock. This method cuts way down on your piecing together time of your more intricate dies. And isn't it the wonderful details of dies like this Gingerbread House that we love the most!


Happily, there are still a few of the Limited Edition Gingerbread House dies available. If you haven't picked yours up, add it to your Valentine's shipment so you don't miss out because once it's gone - it's gone for good.

7 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Such a cute LO Ruth Ellen! I love how you did your Gingerbread house with the Copics, what a great idea!

Txangel528 said...

So cute! Love the house I will defintely have to get this one!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! That's just BEAUTIFUL! I love to use my Copics with the Cottage Cutz dies. So much easier for all of the fabulous details! xxD

annb said...

What a darling Gingerbread house. Your LO is really cute!!!

Helmka Family said...

Adorable!!!
We make a gingerbread creation each year too.
TFS!
Karen

Margee' said...

I love Gingerbread, my kitchen and dining room are decorated in Gingerbread.

Natasha said...

This is such a lovely Fun layout Ruth Ellen - Great Job :-)