Saturday, February 06, 2010

A Little Puppy Love

Good Morning Everyone! I am so excited to be making my first post. I am honored to have been chosen to be the February Guest Designer. The Valentine dies I got to work with couldn't have been any cuter!

These are the CottageCutz dies that I am showcasing today.


The CottageCutz Heart Doily is such a beautiful and versatile die. The minute I saw it on the site, I knew I wanted to cut it up to make lace. That is just what I did to frame the large circle. I cut thin strips of sugar coated cardstock and placed the strips over the top part of the Heart Doily to be cut, this created scallops. I then tucked them behind the circle for the lace effect. So pretty! I also used a complete Heart Doily to frame the CottageCutz Valentine Puppy.



The CottageCutz Valentine Puppy is adorable! I wanted him to stand out on my layout, so I cut him first in chipboard and then the cardstock. I glued them together to give him some dimension. I used darker colors for my Valentine Puppy to contrast against the mostly pastel colors of the papers. I cut the heart that the Valentine Puppy holds in his mouth from a bright sugar coated cardstock, as I did two more hearts for accents. The title is also cut from the same bright sugar coated cardstock and pop-dotted. This ensures that the title and accents are not lost on my page.

The New CottageCutz Valentine dies are so versatile, you can use them not only on your Valentine creations but all year long. So get creative and get scrapping!

Have a blessed weekend!
Karen

5 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

What a creative way to use the heart doily! I would have never thought to do that. "Love" your LO Karen! And welcome to the CottageBLOG!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous layout! great idea for the doily too! Love it! xxD

Ruth Ellen said...

This is just wonderful, Karen!! And such a creative way to use the Heart Doily!!! Cute, Cute!!!

annb said...

Congratulation on your first post. Your layout is Fantastic, Karen. Love your cute Puppy with heart doily, too

Txangel528 said...

Really Beautiful layout! Agree great idea with the dolly!