Card base: 4 1/4 x 6 inches (cut 4 1/4 x 12 inches, fold in half)
Additional piece of white cardstock: 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Piece of white fun foam (3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches)
Piece of acetate sheet (3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches)
CottageCutz Dies: Listed Below
Cardstock: White and Red Cardstock
Distress Ink: Barn Door, Aged Mahogany
Other: Scissors, Paper trimmer, Sizzix machine, Scor-buddy, Water, Sheet of Acetate, Another small piece of white foam
Let’s prepare everything first:
1. With the CottageCutz Stitched Heart die, cut 2 hearts out with some red cardstock. Use the two smaller stitched heart shapes. (First and the second one from the center)
2. With the "Just Married" expression die and white cardstock cut both words
3. Cut a piece of red paper to approximately 3 3/4 x 1 inch
4. Take additional piece of white cardstock and with the bigger heart die (the fourth from the center) cut out the heart window. Do the same with piece of white fun foam.
5. Add some Barn Door Distress Ink on acrylic block and spritzed some water on it. Then take a piece of plastic acetate and gentle pressed it against the block to pick up some of the ink. Now, press the plastic to paper with heart window to transfer the ink . This will give you a splotchy look. This technique is called "smooshing". Let dry.
6. Heat embossed the sentiment on the piece of red cardstock (you can also distress the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink) and glue the smallest heart on it.
Now that you have all the prep done, let’s make the card!
On the back side of the paper with the “smooshing” and heart window, glue a piece of acetate sheet. Next, apply the fun foam to the back for the shaker base with a strong adhesive. Align the heart windows. Add some beads, small pearls or something similar (small hearts cut out of the same red cardstock will be nice too) into the opening of the fun foam. Apply more adhesive and add the card base. This will finish off the shaker. On the front of the card, glue the biggest red heart in the middle of the window on the acetate. Add the red paper to the bottom of the card with your embossed message and apply adhesive to the “Just Married” and apply over the red heart on the front. (See photo for placement)
Now the card is done!
There are several steps but I assure you, they are not hard at all. Give it a try! Have fun creating!