Friday, February 23, 2024

Magical Unicorn Dreams Shaker

Hello friends,

Kris here to share some Friday inspiration with you.  I've created a fun Unicorn Shaker card that is perfect for a young girl.  The inside says "Birthday Wishes"


DESIGN STEPS:

I die cut the Flying Unicorn and the Rainbow with Clouds from white cardstock and colored with Copics.


Next, I cut (2) pieces of white cardstock at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".  From one of those, I die cut the largest Double Stitched Rectangle die from the middle, creating a frame for our card front. 


From the Double Stitched Rectangle that was cut out, I die cut one of the Clouds Slimline dies.


On the other A2 piece of cardstock,  I ink blended Distress Oxide inks over the whole background, then repeated it onto the frame.    



I used Scor Tape to adhere a piece of acetate to the backside of frame, and also to the backside of the clouds border for the front.  Before removing the tape backings, I inset the clouds and glued the rainbow so the ends are tucked under the clouds. 


Once I got my clouds adhered on the front, I flipped it over to the back and added 1/8" foam strips around the opening, then added my shaker elements.  I then placed my ink blended layer (back of shaker) upside-down onto the foam strips.


I die cut "Magical" from the Magical Unicorn Dreams die from lavender c.s. and adhered to bottom of clouds, then I popped up the unicorn with foam strips.  

I cut a white A2 top folding card base and attached my shaker to the front and done!  





  



 


Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz
 


Thank you so much for joining me today! 
 I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies!  

~Kristine

1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the soft colors and shaker