Saturday, February 24, 2024

Spring Tulips and Spring Sheep







Hi friends. Marla here, back with another spring themed card. I had a couple of backgrounds on my desk. Well, actually I have a pile of them, but I regress. I don't know about you, but there are many times that I set out to create a background and for whatever reason it doesn't work out for the card I am making. Of course, I don't throw these backgrounds away, I set them aside to use later. Here's a look at two backgrounds I found, that I had created for two different projects, that I will use on my card today.




As you can see, these coordinated perfectly and ended up being the jumping off point for my card. I had several CottageCutz dies, sitting on my desk, to consider for future projects. I looked through them and settled on using the "Spring Tulips" and "Spring Sheep" dies. I envisioned a split scene for my design and thought they complimented each other.




After die cutting my images, I watercolored them using the Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor pencils. I had created my background with his Distress Inks, so I knew the watercolored images would coordinate with my backgrounds. For the larger tulips I used "Kitsch Flamingo" and "Shaded Lilac". On the sheep, I used "Hickory Smoke" "Shaded Lilac" and "Tattered Rose". I added "Rustic Wilderness" and "Twisted Citron" to the large tulip leaves and the same colors with a touch of "Cracked Pistachio" to the grass. Finally, for my small tulips I used "Cracked Pistachio" and "Seedless Preserves".



After assembling the die cuts, the card came together quickly. I cut one of my background panels down to 3.5" x 4.75" and used a piece of blue cardstock cut to 3.75" x 5" to use as a mat. Next, I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to my second background, which had been adhered to a 4.25" x 5.5" card base. Again, I had the sentiment already stamped and die cut along with the green vellum that I had trimmed using the Deckled Edge Trimmer from Tim Holtz.  I attached those pieces to the center of my top panel and then built my split scene around the sentiment. Finally, I covered the vellum and sheep and splattered the panel with a "Picket Fence" Distress paint to complete the card.



Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  Until next time.... 





Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz

No comments: