Monday, February 12, 2024

Llama Love Slimline Shaker

Happy Monday friends!

Kris here, sharing one more Valentine card idea for you!  It's a cute & punny SHAKER card!  Who doesn't love a shaker, right?!  

For this one I used the Whimsical Hearts Slimline die and the Llama Love stamps and coordinating dies from Little Bluebird Designs.  I also used the scalloped heart from Be My Valentine Puppies die.


Slimline cards can be hard to photograph, but I just had to sneak in my llama plant stand for this one!  ☺ Also, you may notice my heart focal point is upside down... but I think it totally works with the random whimsical hearts and the placement of my llamas.  However if that bothers you, feel free to turn the heart right side up.

CUTTING & SCORING:

CUT white card base at 7" x 8-1/2" and SCORE along the 7" side at 3-1/2".

CUT a backing from dark pink cardstock cut at 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" and cut a sheet of acetate the same size.

Die cut Whimsical Hearts Slimline die from Kraft c.s., // *Optional:  cut it out of White, and Lime Green c.s.. as well if you want to piece some of hearts back into the die cut front.  Set the white and green ones aside.

Die cut just the scalloped heart from Be My Valentine Puppies die from white and Kraft c.s.

DESIGN STEPS:

1.  Create a shaker by adhering the acetate to back of Kraft heart layer, then add 1/8" foam strips on top of acetate all around the outside border and a few tiny pieces in center.  Add shaker elements inside the foam strips then carefully place the dark pink backing on top, lining up the outer edges.

*Optional:  I inserted some of the white and green tiny hearts back into the die cuts, (adding glue directly to the acetate then inserting hearts.)


2.  Stamp, color and die cut as pictured using the Llama Love stamps and coordinating dies

3.  Using scissors, trim the Kraft heart on the inner stitched line as shown. 


4.  Glue the Kraft heart onto the White scalloped heart.  Turn it upside down (if you wish) and adhere the llamas and other elements as shown below. 


5.  This next part is *Optional... but I wanted a scalloped border but didn't have one larger than my Whimsical Hearts card front, so I die cut (3) of the 2nd largest Scalloped Rectangles dies (currently out of stock). 


As you can see in the finished photo, this size rectangle will leave gaps in between, so I adhered the 2 outer ones first so I could get equal amount of border around the sides, and then I added the middle one. 

*Tip:   I placed it on wax paper below because I put tape all over the back of shaker and didn't want it to stick to my table.  

6.  Adhere to card base and done!  


I hope you liked this tutorial and are inspired to create something FUN with your favorite stamps and CottageCutz dies!  

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's or Galentine's Day friends!

~Kris


 


   



2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute card Kristine. Love how you are featuring the llamas as a Valentine card- creative. Into my faves- I plan on casing it!!!

Kristine said...

Thanks Mary and YAY!! Go for it llama mama!! 💕🦙